11-year-old hospitalised after eating cannabis cookies

PDRM's logo (photo for archive ) AZHAR MAHFOF/The Star

IPOH: An 11-year-old girl helped herself to some “freshly baked chocolate biscuits” she found at home.

Little did she know that her 38-year-old father, a rubber tapper, had added cannabis to the food.

The girl ended up feeling nauseated, dizzy and short of breath.

She was rushed to the hospital for treatment.

Perak police chief Comm Datuk Seri Mohd Yusri Hassan Basri said the girl’s health is stable.

“The girl was initially sent to the Lawin health clinic by her father after she experienced the symptoms at her home in Gerik around 10.25pm on Monday.

“A medical assistant from the clinic informed police of the matter,” he said in a statement yesterday.

Comm Mohd Yusri said from the clinic, the girl was referred to the Gerik Hospital before being transferred to the Taiping Hospital.

He said the father, who tested positive for tetrahydrocannabinol, a type of psychoactive constituent of cannabis, had been arrested.

“He will be remanded until June 3 to facilitate investigations under Section 31(1)(a) of the Child Act and Section 15(1)(a) of the Dangerous Drugs Act,” he added.

Comm Mohd Yusri has called on the public to refrain from speculating on the incident.

Source: The Star


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Read more

Related Posts