KUALA LUMPUR: Another three men have been arrested over the abduction of a 38-year-old businessman in Pandan Indah, Ampang, here last week.
Ampang Jaya police chief Assistant Commissioner Mohamad Farouk Eshak said the trio, aged 55, 53 and 26, were arrested around 3pm yesterday.
“The 55-year-old suspect has 14 criminal and drug records, the 26-year-old has one criminal record while the 53-year-old suspect does not have any record. All three were tested negative for drugs.
“These three suspects will be remanded for three days till Oct 8 to assist in investigations,” he said in a statement today.
He added that police also seized clothes, mobile phones of the men and a vehicle used in the abduction.
To date, Farouk said, police had arrested six suspects in relation to the case. He said three suspects were charged in court today under Section 365 of the Penal Code
“They all pleaded not guilty and the case will be re-mentioned on Dec 14.”
A businessman was abducted in front of a restaurant in Pandan Indah by a group of men, who forced the victim into a white multi-purpose vehicle on Sept 28. The victim was, however, released in Klang, Selangor, later the same day. Police then said the incident was believed to have stemmed from a debt problem.
Source: New Straits Times